We are able to fit you with an oral appliance specially designed to treat snoring and sleep apnea. If your sleep apnea is left untreated, your breathing can stop repeatedly throughout the night, often for a minute or longer.
What are the signs of sleep apnea?
- Choking or interrupted breathing during sleep
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Morning headaches
- A strong urge to sleep during the day
- Jerking limb movements during sleep
- Awakening tired and thirsty
Sleep apnea may cause the following issues:
- Daytime fatigue
- Memory impairment
- Poor work performance
- Loss of sexual interest
- Severe sleep apnea can result in serious complications, including high blood pressure, heart rhythm disturbances, and even heart failure.
Patients with sleep apnea are more likely to be involved in automobile accidents. In addition, accidents associated with drowsiness are more often fatal.
What can Chatham Denture Specialists do?
We can help you sleep easy by providing a suitable oral appliance specially designed to treat your snoring or sleep apnea.
Oral appliances are small and easy to wear. They weigh only a couple of ounces, which makes them easy to travel with. In addition, they are relatively inexpensive when compared to other alternatives such as surgery and CPAP. As well, oral appliances are non-invasive, and non-surgical. Some medical insurance companies cover the cost of these appliances. Custom fitting is simple and painless.